Wednesday, September 01, 2010

1324 Tech Niches

I like to come up with new and interesting ideas to fill tech niches. They’re sure to make money.
If only I had the time, talent, and venture capital.
Like the “Facebook for Rednecks” idea I thought up a while back. It’s called Tater. We send each other Tots.
Recently I’ve heard people complaining about Facebook. Seems they’re missing one thing. Facebook cred. As in, a bevy of followers. Enter my new idea.
Facebookie.
I’ll front you five hundred faux followers for your Facebook. Including realistic thumbnail pictures and occasional faux comments. “I really like this site.” “Your life is so interesting.” “I really want to buy something from your business.” “I’m a really satisfied customer from, um, Lacey, and you guys are really, uh, awesome.” “I’m not Nat.”
Stuff like that. A business could start a Facebook account and get instant credibility. “Rent a follower from Facebookies! 500 followers for 5.95.”
Beats having to take the time and trouble to make real friends.
Another thing we’ll offer at Facebookies is CYA service. Cover Your Assets. Establish electronic paper-trail messages in the past.
And to make that happen we’ll offer a new type of tweet. You’ve heard of those ones where someone resends a tweet you sent them to someone else. Or maybe it’s an offsite teambuilding session to learn about Twitter. A re-tweet.
Well Facebookie will offer “pre-tweets.” Not like clairvoyant messages you get before we even send them. We’re still working on that predictive software. Then we’ll load up our psychic gun with premonition and shoot stuff your way.
No, our tech-nique is to change the timestamp of our tweets and voila, you got an important message yesterday justifying your actions today. CYA
Facebookie, a name you can trust for underhanded success.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: