Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1323 I-magination

Sometimes I just think I have a problem with my imagination. Like not long ago when those giant sonic booms hit the South Sound. Lots of people were thrown into a total panic. 911 service in Pierce County was frozen up. People thought it was nuclear bombs, the end of the world.
I just thought someone had dropped a large piece of equipment at the rental place next door.
My imagination is just way too mundane sometimes. I did the same thing in the big February 2001 Olympia earthquake. Some of my acquaintances thought it was the millennial apocalypse come a couple of months late. I just thought it was a big truck rumbling by outside.
Either I wasn’t good about assuming God has calendar problems or it’s that old mundane imagination again. Maybe I’m just panic-inhibited. Some people are freaker-outers, some calm fatalists.
Still, I seem to have no problem imagining some things, like new ways to transport raw fish for sushi restaurant ideas. Sushi Boat and Sushi Train being taken, I still think Sushi Plane is a good idea. You haven’t lived till you’ve tried the Bonsai California Roll.
Or how about Sushi Canoe? You could get the Tidy Bowl man to be a spokesperson, and he could be paddling around in a sea of giant shrimp.
Or I have other imaginative ideas. Like pranks. Now that Amazon Kindle has wi-fi you could take one into the Barnes and Nobles coffee shop and use it to surf the web for free. Connect up and settle into a cozy Nook somewhere.
Or the sign I saw yesterday for cranio-sacral therapy. Cranio means head and sacral is your lower, um, back.
So is this therapy for acute head-up-your-rear disorder?
Now that’s something to imagine.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: