Thursday, November 18, 2010

1378 Beggar Cleaner

People do interesting things with their dogs. You see them training them to do all sorts of tricks. When I see a dog jump through a hoop of fire or swim a river to save a child, it’s awfully impressive. I’ve had some pretty dumb dogs, so I’m amazed if you can even get one to roll over.
What I don’t like though, is the owners who take great pleasure in making their dogs beg. It’s so demeaning somehow. Here’s this poor innocent animal. All it wants to do is: A, please its master and B, get a treat. And the master derives cruel pleasure from making it beg. And beg in front of friends, neighbors, even the family cat.
It just seems wrong somehow. An abuse of power. If you love your animal, allow it some self-respect. “Here Rover, come on...beg.” “You really want the treat don’t you? So beg.”
I guess some folks just want to be king or something. Power-tripping on their pets. Look everyone; I turned my noble Irish setter into a mewling beggar. Aren’t I great?
No¾self-respecting dogs like to work for their treats. So I had an interesting idea the other day. Shih tzu Duct Cleaning. Or possibly Lhasa Apso. Any small hairy dog would do. You could even use one of those curly haired ones. Nothing like a cockapoo for the really caked-on grime.
You could call your company Doggone Duct Cleaning. Put a treat at one end of the ductwork in question and turn your shih tzu loose at the other. Voila, out the treat end emerges a giant friendly dirt ball.
Kind of like a retriever, except in this case they’re fetching dust bunnies.
And cheap too. People would be begging for your service.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: