Wednesday, November 03, 2010

1368 Free-Standing BTUs

Sometimes the ol’ brain just wanders off in weird directions.
Like the other day, I was emceeing some public event. As I was engaged in my antics up on stage, I noticed a 2-year old in the audience laughing and enjoying himself. Then I looked at the other side of the crowd and there was this really old guy from one of the retirement homes. Excuse me, assisted senior living facilities. Anyhow, he was smiling too. And I thought, I should put that on my resume. Diapers to Diapers, All Ages Entertainer.
Not long after that, I got this notice in the mail from a new birthing center that was having a grand opening. It’s a really nice place run by really nice people. The flyer was pretty nice too. It noted it’s a state-licensed facility. But it also said something odd. It said the place was the area’s only free-standing birth center.
Free-standing? For some reason a Native American birthing method from the movie Jeremiah Johnson popped into my mind. Or was it Dances with Wolves?
And lastly, I was at the LOTT treatment facility. You know, where they treat sewage. They have this new power generation plant there. Basically, they make methane from solid waste, then use the heat from burning that methane to make power.
So every time you engage in your morning, um, constitutional you’re making a contribution to the power grid. Maybe we should call it a morning contributional. Talk about personal power.
I just think it’s so cool our whole community can generate energy. I’ve heard of the power of coming together. We’ve got the power of going together.
So I was wondering, do they measure it in BTUs? Or BUTs?
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: