Monday, September 24, 2012

1827 Evenso

I was thinking recently about childhood things, and how much they influence things later on down the line. Things from the time I was a kid, or even from the time I was raising my kids.
Like the company Evenflo. I was driving down the road not long ago and saw a box displayed at a curbside yard sale. The box was for a car seat. But not just any car seat. It was an Evenflo car seat.
And I thought, didn't they used to make breast pumps? I checked and yep, sure enough, the company started in the baby bottle and breast pump business. And good for them, I remember they did a great job insuring my own children got smooth bubble-free nourishment with the even flow of liquids promoted by their product.
But really, don't you think they should create a different name for their car seat division? An Evenflo car seat invokes a different image altogether. Maybe that the child in question is slipping out of his or her restraints. Or oozing onto the seat.
Let's hope it's not because they're in the diaper business too. I don't even want to contemplate the effects of the non-snuggie tightness that name invokes. Oozing indeed.
And speaking of the era of my kids' youth, I saw a news article about the incredible frenzy surrounding the release of the iPhone 5. They're expecting $10 million in sales. And I'm thinking, really. It's going to be that much better than the iPhone 4S? Most likely not. Then it occurred to me. It's no wonder. This is the same generation that created the Cabbage Patch Kids craze.
Their common sense didn't even flow in a sane manner then either.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: