Friday, March 18, 2011

1455 Burm Deal

You know how sometimes you see stuff and your mind instantly jumps to some sort of slightly inappropriate remark or observation? Mine does that more than I care to admit.
I think that’s part of the socialization process, where we suppress our natural tendencies to belch, pass gas, and scratch ourselves where the baseball players do. We do so with things we say as well.
Most of the time.
So, warning, watch what you say. Just because a person drives a Subaru does not necessarily mean they should be on the left end of the political spectrum. True, of all the bumper decorations I’ve seen on Subarus, I’ve yet to see an NRA sticker, but it could happen.
My hope? That one day I see a Subaru with stickers on it from both the NRA and NPR.
Speaking of passing gas in public, I saw, and otherwise sensed, this old guy at an event the other day. Whether through loss of social control, or possibly just sphincter control, you see a lot for vapor sharing amongst the elder.
And I wanted to ask this guy where he’d found a rib cage belt. Ever notice how when you get older your pants get further and further from your ankles and closer and closer to your armpits?
And finally, the other day I was talking to a friend about the CIA agent that was kidnapped a while back and may have been found in Southeast Asia.
We speculated he may be a slave in Burma. And they’ll use him for media attention. And, naturally, it was one stop from there to imagined roadside signs.
When you need some media traction
There’s one way to get some action
Burma Slave.
Seemed appropriate somehow…
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: