Wednesday, October 13, 2010

1353 Non-Segway

The other day we were standing around the studio talking and one of the guys said, “Speaking of baseball, did you hear the guy who owns Segway died...in a Segway accident?”
I said, “Man, that was a bad Segway.”
The story was he was at the seashore on a trail close to a cliff and somehow lost control. Segway was a landmark transportation device and now it’s causing a landmark legal issue. When the owner of a company dies from one of his own products, whom does his family sue?
Another bad segue: I was looking at the new Ford Flex the other day and I said to myself, “What does that remind me of?” That’s when a Mini-Cooper drove by. Aha. The Ford Flex looks amazingly like an overgrown Mini-Cooper. A Maxi-Cooper. Maybe they’ll bring one out with wings.
Another bad segue: Or lack thereof. I was watching a biopic the other day and the actor looked a lot like the guy he was playing, and they were both pretty famous—Joaquin Phoenix playing Johnny Cash or something.
And I thought, I like that. I have some other ideas. How about original MTV VJ Nina Blackwood, playing the title role in the Stevie Nicks story? Or Ken Berry in the Bill Bixby story.
No segue to this thought either: I had a friend tell me he was getting a shingles shot. He said older folks who had chickenpox when they were kids were susceptible to shingles. He couldn’t get his shot that day because they were out of shingles shot serum. He told me the closest they had any was in Westport.
So how much shingle serum should someone shoot down by the seashore?
Too much, and shortly afterwards you might shiver on a shaky Segway.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: