Thursday, August 04, 2011

1549 Devilish Dave

So the other day I was watching the sun come up and it dawned on me...
Jokes, the oh so human way to deliver the unexpected. Like not long ago I read that President Obama was meeting with the Dalai Lama. And I thought, if they invited Rod Balgojevich too, they could call the summit Obama Lama Ding-Dong.
The great thing about that particular joke is its flexibility. You can add in the ding-dong of the moment. If you don't like Michele Bachmann you can use her. Don't like Hilary Clinton, use her. Ding- Dong is a totally non-partisan epithet.
Speaking of non-partisan, I was at a barbecue last week. Politics, pork is there a segue here…?
Anyhow, it was catered by a company called Famous Dave's. The pork was pretty good. But what was pretty gooder was their sauces. They had Georgia Mustard, which was really authentic. So authentic, in fact, that the mustard seeds kept clogging the squeeze bottle spout. They also had "Rich and Sassy" and "Sweet and Zesty." Delicious.
One sauce was a bit of a mystery. It was really hot and it was called "Wilbur's Revenge." Not being totally familiar with the Famous Dave's culinary culture I had to speculate Wilbur was the cartoon pig depicted in their Literature. On labels and stuff, Wilbur is shown with a giant fork holding a rack of what appear to be a fellow pig's ribs over the fire.
One has to assume the hotness of the sauce is his revenge against humans for forcing him to such indignity, or in this case inpignity.
The sauce I liked best was called "Devil's Spit." It was good, but it dawned on me—I hope no other devil fluids are on the way. That would really be delivering the unexpected.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: