Tuesday, April 19, 2011

1476 Group Needle

Sometimes I'll drive down the street and see a sign and wonder what the heck something is all about. Like the other day. I drove by this place whose sign said, "Community Acupuncture $20 to $40."
And I had no idea what that meant. What is "community acupuncture"? Obviously, at only 20 to 40 dollars, it must be some sort of cost saving thing. Like the food co-op or something. Is it like a clinic? Where everyone goes in together? I hope you don't have to share needles.
Maybe you all sit around in a circle and an acupuncturist comes in and sticks you one needle and one person at a time. "Okay everyone line up, we're going to stick the sub-gluteal pressure point now."
Or is it like a psychology group session? You all share your acupuncture experiences. Everyone ends up being calm, although they start out a little prickly.
Or does everyone acupuncture each other? Maybe learning the process together. So, when you criticize your co-learner, will they say you're needling them?
Or maybe they just use one really long needle for multiple people. Community Acupuncture, the social shish kabob.
I saw another sign that made me wonder. It said, "Tarot Reading by Gifted Psychic." Hmm. I've heard of gifted musicians, but they usually don't advertise that way.
But I suppose you'd want a gifted psychic. Better than a re-gifted psychic. And far better than you're ordinary carnie psychic. "What? You want a deluxe future, ya gotta get a gifted psychic, I just guess your weight. But I can tell what you're thinking too so bug off, I ain't promised you a rose garden. 'Specially for a buck.
You want a deal, try that community psychic up the street..."
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: