Friday, November 27, 2009

#1141 Doo the Right Thing

Social consciousness is a great thing. I tease about it because it sometimes leads to odd turns of behavior, but I really do respect it. When I see a social unconscious person throwing a pop can on the ground I hate it. Sure, it takes a little extra time to take it home to your recycling bin but it’s far better than just throwing everything willy-nilly.
The benefit of a large population is that we can have so much more with centralized resources. Living on a forty-acre farm in the 20s was fine if you didn’t mind 16-hour days of backbreaking labor. Putting you own trash in an appropriate container is a small price to pay for the ease of modern living.
But, as I say, sometimes it’s a little funny. Seeing full-grown humans following little poochies on leashes while the human daintily holds a packet of freshly steaming poo is interesting to say the least.
My friend Rick suggested that perhaps the issue is what to do with the issue. Little plastic bags are so obvious. Maybe a disguised designer bag of some sort would be a better alternative.
Something from Coach perhaps.
Shortly after he made this suggestion, he did some research and, load and behold, like all good ideas, someone else has already thought of it. In this case the Dicky Bag Company. As in, ain’t that just dicky. D-i-c-k-y- dicky, not the D-i-c-k-e-y- Dickey that specializes in uniforms and jeans.
You can go to their website at dickybag dot com and see what they put out. The bags look attractive enough to carry around the neighborhood and feature a zip-around lid that contains a dispenser for the regular black plastic poo bags. Which, when full, you deposit in the scent-sealed lower portion of the bag.
Unfortunately, the whole thing looks like one of those Thermos insulated lunch bag things people take to ball games.
“Hey Frank, gimme your bag, what you got for lunch today? What the....?”
Note to self, remember difference between poo-bag and lunch bag.
I’m waiting for the Gucci version myself. Forget this Dicky for the icky. I’m getting the Gucci Poo-Poochie...
America, ya gotta love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is better to have a bag that looks like a lunch bag strapped to your belt (that incidently does not smell or leak) then hold a plastic bag of poo when you are out walking your dog. I was given one recently and love it, even the kids love it and want to scoop the poop!

Personally I could not recommend it enough, and if it goes anyway to encouraging people to clean up after their dogs we should all be thankful.

Have a look at the pet poop scoops.

King Richard Hiking said...

This is just what I need for when I am hiking with my dogs (Barney & Rosie). I can NOT stand lazy dog owners, this gives them no excuse I hate doing it too but I always clean up you just have to if you love your dog and the envioronment. I am going to get one and I'll let you know how it goes. It does look like a clever device it says it only weighs 4oz which is nothing. Iam going for black, looks cool.

Anonymous said...

I bought one of these bags and they are amazing! I have never been a fan of swinging a bag of poo around I have to say!
And they make it in pink....what more can a girl ask for!