Tuesday, July 21, 2009

#1055 Driving Knowledge

My mom always said I could only succeed with drive. So I learn a lot in my car, while I drive.
Like the other day, I was listening to this guy on the radio who does a commentary every morning around 6:15 who does run-on sentences a lot and he was going on about this new study that shows caffeine helps eliminate Alzheimer’s in rats.
The dosage required is equivalent to about 5 cups of coffee. So I thought about it, and I realized that the study never said you actually had to drink coffee. You just had to take the caffeine.
I thought a little further, and I remembered all the fracas over products like Herbalife—they were supposedly misrepresenting their health benefits because the products mostly contained caffeine. And then I thought, Herbalife’s claims turned out to be accurate after all. They did improve cognitive function. They did make your brain better and improve memory and all that stuff.
And then I thought, Dude, today’s energy drinks can do the same thing. Red Bull and Amp and all the others. They’ll be sending cases of Rockstar to the old folks home.
Granny’s gonna be slamin’ back the Monster.
Not long after that, I noticed as I was driving by one of the adult video places, that they had cut back their hours. Used to be 24/7, now they’re only open from 11am to 2am.
Wow. The economy has really gotten terrible. People can’t even afford to pursue prurience any more. I guess all aspects of the auto industry are bad. Even the auto-erotic industry.
Then a news broadcast came on my car radio and I heard this story about how they did this big bust in Jalisco, in Mexico, and they shut down a huge group of meth labs supplying the United States. And I thought, oh no. Meth labs in Mexico? Have we outsourced our meth labs too?
That used to be such vital local industry. The sort of mom and pop thing that really small entrepreneurs are good at. All you need is persistence and lots of energy.
And, oh yeah, one other thing.
Drive.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: