Wednesday, August 13, 2008

#828 Clumpster

I saw this commercial for a kitty litter product. A woman was on a roof trying to get her kitten and slipped. She slid off the steep roof, wailing all the while like a stepped-on kitten, and at the last moment saved herself by hanging on to the rain gutter.
The rain gutter gave way enough for her to hang in front of her window. She looked through the window and saw her kitty litter box, which she noticed had a large clump of cat stuff.
She then grabbed her clump scoop, removed the excrementory mass with one hand, and put it in what appeared to be a specialized kitty kaka disposal bucket. Do they call it a clumpster?
I have no cats, so I’m not privy to all the hygiene gyrations cat owners must perform to deal with the waste issue.
Or the issue of waste, as it were.
So I was disturbed that the lady was so positively impressed with the clumping properties of the litter, she interrupted her screaming as she was hanging on for dear life. I was alarmed the kitty litter box appeared to be on a kitchen table, making it high enough for her to reach through the window and scoop away.
The commercial focus, as near as I could figure, was premium clumping power. I suppose it’s a fair bet the cat does a little pre-clumping some of the time. Unless it has an alimentary ailment, it’s elementary that certain of its deposits are already clumpified.
It’s my own fault for watching the television while I was eating, but I feel somehow violated that I was subjected to a commercial making a big to-do about doo-doo, feline feces, and kitty clumps.
But worse, the commercial producer felt the necessity to actually fully reveal the clump in question, sitting serenely in the box, lightly dusted with kitty litter, like a sprinkling of crumbles on a cake donut.
And then to show it in all its clumpy glory perched nobly on the scoop on its way to the disposal bucket.
There are some things for which high definition TV is a bad idea.
America, ya gotta love it.

No comments: